Undergraduate Woodwind Auditions
Students are strongly encouraged to audition in person on the campus of The University of Iowa. For general information and to register for an audition, please see Undergraduate Auditions. A tape or CD of an unedited recent live performance may be submitted if a live audition is not possible.
- One etude
- One movement or solo piece from the standard repertory
- One additional work in a contrasting style
Suggested undergraduate bassoon etude repertory:
- Weissenborn, Advanced Studies; Milde, Scale and Chord Etudes Op. 25; Milde, Concert Etudes Op. 26, vol. 1; Slama 66 Studies
Suggested undergraduate bassoon solo repertoire:
- Concertos by Vivaldi, Weber, Kozeluh, and David. Sonatas and solo pieces: Besozzi, Sonata in Bb; Bourdeau, Premier solo, Corelli, Sonata in D minor; Elgar, Romance; Galliard, Six Sonatas; Hindemith, Sonata; Pierne, Concertpiece Op. 35; Phillips, Concert Piece; and Telemann, Sonata in f minor.
For more information, please contact Professor Benjamin Coelho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One solo
- Major (and minor if known) scales
- Chromatic scale
For additional information or questions about auditions, please contact Professor Maurita Murphy Mead at email@example.com.
- Two contrasting solo pieces
- 2-3 standard orchestral excerpts OR one etude
For additional information or questions about auditions, please contact Professor Nicole Esposito at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected Oboe Repertoire for Entrance Audition
- Albinoni Concerto in D minor, Op. 9 No.2
- Albinoni Concerto in Bb major, Op. 7 No.3
- Bach Sonata in Gminor BWV 1020
- Britten Six Metamorphoses After Ovid
- Cimarosa Concerto
- Handel Sonata in C minor
- Handel Sonata in Gminor
- Handel Concerto in G minor
- Haydn Concerto in C major
- Marcello Concerto
- Telemann Sonata in A minor
- Telemann Concerto in F minor
Works not on these lists may be used for an audition with advance approval from oboe faculty.
For additional information or questions about auditions, please contact Professor Andrew Parker at email@example.com.