- 215 graduate students
- 235 undergraduate students
- Student to faculty ratio 9:1
- The Rita Benton Music Library holds more than 90,000 scores, including chamber music sets; 60,000 books, including bound journals; 3,500 microforms, chiefly manuscripts and early printed books; and 44,000 media items in all formats. It maintains subscriptions to about 300 journals. The Arthur and Miriam Canter Rare Book Room holds over 3,000 rare books and scores and has particular strengths in 18th- and 19th- century music theory treatises and instrumental methods, and an outstanding collection of keyboard and chamber music of Ignaz Pleyel.
- 82 TAs and 11 RAs
- 60 current Faculty members
- Over 2000 non-majors participating in lessons, ensembles, and classes
Ensembles: Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, All-University String Orchestra, Symphony Band, Concert Band, University Band, Hawkeye Marching Band, Camerata, Kantorei, University Choir, Johnson County Landmark, Jazz Repertory Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, PanAmerican Steel Band, Afro-Cuban Drum and Dance Ensemble, Center for New Music.