New titles in Oxford University Press Handbooks feature UI music faculty contributions
Thursday, January 23, 2014
A number of new titles in the Oxford Handbook series feature contributions from University of Iowa music faculty:
- Trevor Harvey’s “Virtual Worlds: An Ethnomusicological Perspective” may be found in The Oxford Handbook of Virtuality.
- Nathan Platte’s “Performing Prestige: American Cinema Orchestras, 1910-1958″ may be found in The Oxford Handbook of Film Music Studies.
- Robert C. Cook’s “Tonal Interpretation, Transformational Models, and the Chromatic Calls to Repent in Franck’s Le chasseur maudit“ may be found in the Oxford Handbook of Neo-Riemannian Music Theories.
- Mary Cohen et. al’s “At-risk youth: Music-making as a means to promote positive relationships” may be found in the Oxford Handbook of Music Education, Vol. 2.
- Jennifer Iverson’s “Mechanized Bodies: Technology and Supplements in Björk’s Electronica” will appear in the forthcoming Oxford Handbook of Music and Disability Studies.