Iowa Flute Intensive
May 30-June 2, 2018
- Nicole Esposito, soloist and flute professor, University of Iowa, School of Music
- Julien Beaudiment, principal flute, Lyon Opera, and flute professor, Lyon Conservatory
- Michel Bellavance, soloist and flute professor, Geneva Conservatory HEM
- Rena Urso, body mapping specialist and flute faculty, Cal State Long Beach
- Kaori Fujii, soloist and founder, Music Beyond Inc.
- Andrea "Fluter Scooter" Fisher
- Tim Carey, pianist and collaborative artist
The Iowa Flute Intensive is designed for the serious flutist that would like to take their skills to the highest artistic level. During this intensified experience, participants will have the opportunity to work with world class performers and teachers in a state of the art facility covering a wide variety of flute topics such as fundamentals of sound, articulation, technique and phrasing, orchestral and opera excerpts, concerti, solo repertoire and body mapping. In addition to the daily master classes, there will be a mock orchestral audition, exhibits and faculty recitals.