When you choose the University of Iowa School of Music, you’ll have an experience beyond the conservatory. It’s the best of both worlds—a small, highly selective program within a large, world-class learning environment. Here you’ll grow as a musician and as a person. You’ll develop your musicianship by performing, composing, and innovating through technology. Plus you’ll have the benefits of a broad-based, comprehensive education from one of the nation’s top universities.
Come see for yourself how we're composing futures...one musician at a time.
- 450+ music majors
- 50+ full-time faculty artists and scholars
- 60 percent of undergraduate music students are double majors
- Conservatory-like studies at a Big 10 public research institution
- A remarkably low student to faculty ratio of 9:1, ensuring direct access to highly trained faculty mentors who are internationally-recognized artists and scholars
- 30,000+ total students at the University of Iowa
- Voxman Music Building is a world-class structure in the heart of our downtown campus, featuring dynamic learning spaces and breathtaking stages
- 350-plus yearly performances and presentations