Our musicology faculty include internationally recognized scholars, prominent in their chosen fields. They share their research through conferences, publish books and articles, review books and music.
Musicology research specialties include:
- Sixteenth and seventeenth-century music and culture
- 19th-century biography, gender, compositional process and music reception; elocution
- American film music and 20th-century Russian music
- Popular music and participatory music cultures
- Jazz in New Orleans, music and place