You are here

Graduate Students

Music Theory Professor Robert Cook leads a discussion with students.

Students may work toward a Master of Arts, Doctor of Philosophy, or Doctor of Musical Arts. The school also offers a theory pedagogy minor and a certificate in sacred music. The MA, DMA, and the PhD in Music are awarded by the Graduate College. Instruction is offered through the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The MA is offered with or without a thesis. 

For degree and audition requirements for specific areas, please choose an area from the Areas & Degrees menu at the left. Visit the University of Iowa General Catalog for general information on graduate degrees in Music.