Conducting M.A., D.M.A.
*All Auditions for Fall 2021 admission will be conducted virtually*
As a small department within a large School of Music, we offer graduate students the best of both worlds: excellent access to research libraries, stimulating performance opportunities, and ample teaching opportunities, all with a maximum of individualized attention from faculty.
- Degree requirements for Master of Arts: Choral Conducting
- Degree Requirements for Doctor of Musical Arts: Choral Conducting
- Degree requirements for Master of Arts: Orchestral Conducting
- Degree requirements for Doctor of Musical Arts: Orchestral Conducting
- A written statement describing personal interest in a graduate degree in orchestral conducting, plus expectations and aspirations following degree studies.
- A resume/bio which includes performing instrument, academic information, and professional experiences as a performer and/or conductor.
- A link to a 10-15 minute video of a portion of an orchestra rehearsal and a portion of a concert performance on the same repertoire.
Successful applicants being considered for a TA will be requested to submit additional video links plus a Zoom interview.
- Degree requirements for Master of Arts: Wind Conducting
- Degree requirements for Doctor of Musical Arts: Wind Conducting
Applicants should contact Dr.. Heidel (email@example.com) immediately upon deciding to apply to the graduate wind conducting program.
- Applicants will be assigned a wind band composition to analyze
- Applicants are required to submit a video fo a reheawrsal and/or perforamnce (frontal view).
- Finalists will have a Zoom interview/conducting lesson with faculty.
Applications must be completed by January 4th.