Graduate Clarinet Auditions
Clarinet Audition Days
- February 10
- February 17
Application and Audition Registration
Please see Graduate Admission for School of Music application and audition registration information
No prescreening required
- The exposition of the Mozart's clarinet Concerto in A Major k.622 (with or without piano accompaniment)
- 2 contrasting movements or unaccompanied pieces from the standard repertoire for the clarinet (with or without piano accompaniment)
Audition materials should be thoroughly prepared and no longer than the 30 minute audition time.
No accompaniment required, but if you choose to audition with accompaniment, you will need to bring your own accompanist with you to the audition
- 4 Major Scales (with two or more sharps or flats)
- 2 natural minors, 2 harmonic minors, and 2 melodic minors (with two or more sharps or flats)
Suggested or Required Repertoire
No required repertoire, please reach out to Professor Montilla for repertoire suggestions
- Tone Quality
- Overall Control
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the audition and number of applicants, we will not be able to provide individual comments. All decisions made will be final.
When will I hear about my results?
- You will be notified via formal letter about your audition results in early March