Graduate Oboe Auditions
Completing the application by February 1 will enhance the possibilities of being admitted for the following fall seemster; later applications will be considered if openings remain. Although an audition on campus is recommended, a recording, representative of current performing abilities, may be submitted. The audition should include representative works from the advanced solo literature.
Graduate Oboe Auditions:
- Two contrasting etudes from Ferling’s 48 Famous Studies or 1 Grand Etude from Barret’s Complete Method for the Oboe
- Two movements or solo piece from the standard repertoire
- Two standard orchestral excerpts
- One additional work written in the last 50 years (DMA only)
Suggested Oboe Solo Repertoire:
- Albinoni Oboe Concerto in D minor Op. 9 No.2
- Marcello Oboe Concerto in C Minor
- Mozart Concerto in C major
- Mozart Oboe Quartet
- Strauss Oboe Concerto
- Vaughn Williams Oboe Concerto
- Britten Six Metamorphoses After Ovid
- Dutilleux Sonata for Oboe and Piano
- Poulenc Sonata for Oboe and Piano
- Saint-Saens Sonata for Oboe and Piano
Contact Dr. Courtney Miller to obtain advanced approval of other standard solo repertoire.
For additional information, please contact Professor Courtney Miller.