Graduate Oboe Auditions
**All auditions for Fall 2021 admission will be conducted virtually**
Completing the application by January 4 will enhance the possibility of being admitted for the following fall semester; later applications will be considered if openings remain. Although an audition on campus is recommended, a recording, representative of current performing abilities, may be submitted. The audition should include representative works from the advanced solo literature.
Graduate applicants should submit video auditions containing 15-30 minutes of music. Submission may be one video or several. It is not possible to edit audition links after uploading. Submission links will be submitted through the Music Supplemental Application.
Graduate Oboe Auditions:
Applicants should send in videos of their performances. Editing between pieces is allowed.
- Two contrasting etudes from Ferling’s 48 Famous Studies or 1 Grand Etude from Barret’s Complete Method for the Oboe
- Two movements or solo piece from the standard repertoire
- Two standard orchestral excerpts
- One additional work written in the last 50 years (DMA only)
Suggested Oboe Solo Repertoire:
- Albinoni Oboe Concerto in D minor Op. 9 No.2
- Marcello Oboe Concerto in C Minor
- Mozart Concerto in C major
- Mozart Oboe Quartet
- Strauss Oboe Concerto
- Vaughn Williams Oboe Concerto
- Britten Six Metamorphoses After Ovid
- Dutilleux Sonata for Oboe and Piano
- Poulenc Sonata for Oboe and Piano
- Saint-Saens Sonata for Oboe and Piano
Contact Dr. Courtney Miller to obtain advanced approval of other standard solo repertoire.
For additional information, please contact Professor Courtney Miller.