Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and School of Music. See individual programs of study for more information. Applicants must apply to both the University of Iowa at large and the School of Music. The GRE score is not required for our School of Music.
- Fall semester—July 15 (February 1 for international students)
- Spring semester—December 1 (October 1 for international students)
- Summer session—April 15 (February 1 for international students)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis at The University of Iowa, and that is the reason for the July 15 deadline. It is recommended that prospective graduate students seeking financial assistance submit completed applications no later than February 1st. Please note that specific areas may have different deadlines and additional application/audition requirements. Contact your area of interest for further information.
School of Music, University of Iowa Application Procedure
Apply online To begin the application process, set up an account with an existing email address and password. It is recommended that you do not use a ".edu" email address.
After you submit your application, Admissions will send you a HawkID and password to review the status of your application online using ISIS, our online student service site.
International applicant requirements:
- Official TOEFL scores from Educational Testing Service (the University's institutional code is 6681).
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
For returning graduate students or current graduate students who plan to change their program/degree status please view the following link: http://grad.admissions.uiowa.edu/node/386.
If you have questions about applying, please e-mail email@example.com.