Undergraduate Voice Auditions
Voice Audition Days
- February 9
- February 10
- February 16
- February 17
The submission deadline for undergraduates to file the School of Music supplemental application is February 1.
No prescreening required
Two songs of contrasting styles, one of which must be in English. Both selections must be memorized and appropriate repertoire for young singers wishing to train their voices in the classical style
Audition materials should be thoroughly prepared and approximately 5 minutes in length.
An accompanist will be provided at the audition.
The audition will include sight-singing and tonal memory
Suggested or Required Repertoire
No required repertoire, please reach out to Dr. DesChamps for repertoire suggestions
- Tone Quality
- Overall Control
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the audition and number of applicants, we will not be able to provide individual comments. All decisions made will be final.
- When am I considered for scholarship?
- You are considered for scholarship at the time of audition
- When will I hear about my results?
- You will be notified via formal letter about your audition results and music scholarship results in early March
- What should I wear to my audition?
- Attire can be concert or audition clothing, but most importantly be comfortable and wear what you feel best in
Voice area head Professor Elise DesChamps
Allison Bierman, Admissions Counselor