Voxman Music Building Locker Usage & Rental
- Lockers are available only to currently registered University of Iowa students. A valid UI student ID is required to process the rental. Lockers will be checked out a semester at at time although they will not need to be cleaned out between semesters of the current academic year provided that a new request has been made for the next semester by the last week of the current semester. All lockers will need to be cleaned out at the end of the summer session to prepare for the following year.
- The University of Iowa and the School of Music are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged instruments. Students are encouraged to contact their insurance company to determine coverage for their personal property.
- Perishable items such as food MUST not to be stored in lockers.
- Lockers are accessible only during posted building hours.
- Lockers will be assigned by staff according to instrument size and/or need. All requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Music majors may submit locker requests beginning August 1 of the academic year.
- Non-major students may request a locker beginning the first day of the second week of classes.
- Lockers which have not been renewed will be emptied and contents discarded the week after final exams each semester.
- Lockers retained over the summer will be charged a one-semester rental fee. All lockers will need to be cleaned out at the end of the summer session to prepare for the following year.
- Locker rental charges of $20 per semester will be charged to student UBills. No other forms of payment are accepted. If more that one locker is required to accomodate need/want, you can request a second one for a discounted rate.
- To request a locker for the current semester complete the Locker Request Form.
- You will receive your assignment via email from MUS-Voxman-Lockers@uiowa.edu.
*Students enrolled in Instrumental Techniques (MUS:3605/ EDTL:3605) or Class Strings (MUS:3659/EDTL:3659) will receive lockers with the required instruments during class. Instruments are to be stored in the assigned lockers. There will be one $20 fee per class to cover the multiple lockers and instuments.