Graduate Bassoon Auditions
**All auditions for Fall 2021 admission will be conducted virtually**
Completing the application by the application deadline will enhance the possibility of being admitted for the following fall semester; later applications will be considered if openings remain. Although an audition on campus is recommended, a recording, representative of current performing abilities, may be submitted. The audition should include representative works from the advanced solo literature.
Graduate applicants should submit video auditions containing 15-30 minutes of music. Submission may be one video or several. It is not possible to edit audition links after uploading. Submission links will be submitted through the Music Supplemental Application.
Audition should include:
- One slow etude from Milde Concert Studies Op. 26, vol. 2 (26-50)
- Mozart Bassoon Concerto (with cadenzas)
- Two movements or solo piece from the standard repertory
- One additional work written in the last 50 years (DMA only)
Suggested bassoon solo repertoire:
- Concertos by Françaix, Jolivet, Hummel, Vivaldi, Weber, and Williams. Sonatas and solo pieces by Bitsch, Boutry, Cascarino, Devienne, Dutilleux, Etler, Fasch, Elgar, Hindemith, Hurlstone, Koechlin, Mignone, Nussio, Saint-Saëns, and Tansman.
Works not on these lists may be used for an audition with advance approval per the bassoon faculty.
For additional information, please contact Professor Benjamin Coelho.