Graduate Bassoon Auditions
**All Auditions for Fall 2021 admisison will be conducted virtually**
Completing the application by the application deadline will enhance the possibilities of being admitted for the following fall semester; later applications will be considered if openings remain. Although an audition on campus is recommended, a recording, representative of current performing abilities, may be submitted. The audition should include representative works from the advanced solo literature.
Graduate applicants should submit video auditions containing 15-30 minutes of music. Submission may be one video or several. Submission links will be submitted through the Music Supplemental Application.
Audition should include:
- One slow etude from Milde Concert Studies Op. 26, vol. 2 (26-50)
- Mozart Bassoon Concerto (with cadenzas)
- Two movements or solo piece from the standard repertory
- One additional work written in the last 50 years (DMA only)
Suggested bassoon solo repertoire:
- Concertos by Françaix, Jolivet, Hummel, Vivaldi, Weber, and Williams. Sonatas and solo pieces by Bitsch, Boutry, Cascarino, Devienne, Dutilleux, Etler, Fasch, Elgar, Hindemith, Hurlstone, Koechlin, Mignone, Nussio, Saint-Saëns, and Tansman.
Works not on these lists may be used for an audition with advance approval per the bassoon faculty.
For additional information, please contact Professor Benjamin Coelho.