Graduate Violin Auditions
- Major and minor scales and arpeggios in 3 octaves.
- Two contrasting movements from a Bach Sonata or Partita for Solo Violin
- The 1st movement of a major concerto (not Baroque), including cadenza if applicable
- One movement from a sonata or solo piece in a contrasting style to the Bach and the Concerto
- Two contrasting movements form a Bach Sonata or Partita for Solo Violin
- An entire major concerto with cadenzas, if applicable
- An additional work of the candidate's choice in a style other than the Bach or the concerto.
General School of Music auditions will be held on February 15th, 2019. The string area will hold an additional audition day on January 25th. To register for the January date, please contact Katie Wolfe or Scott Conklin.