Undergraduate Trombone Auditions
Candidates should prepare two contrasting selections from the standard repertoire for their instrument, which may include solos, etudes and/or orchestral excerpts. It is critical that the audition material be thoroughly prepared, approximately 8 to 10 minutes in length, and represents the candidate’s best playing.
For more information and to register for an audition, please see Undergraduate Auditions.
- Barat, Andante and Allegro
- Guilmant, Morceau Symphonique
- David, Concertino (mvt. 1)
- Morel, Piece in F minor
- Telemann, Sonata in F minor
- Rochut/Bordogni, Melodious Etudes, book 1 (for lyrical selection)
- Voxman, Selected Studies (contrasting etudes)
- Blazhevich, Studies in Clefs (contrasting etudes)
Contact Jonathan Allen, lecturer, trombone