Please see the Graduate Admissions Process for the School of Music application and audition registration information.
MA Audition Requirments:
- Two keys of major and minor scales and arpeggios in three octaves
- Two contrasting movements from a Bach Sonata or Partita for Solo Violin
- The first movement of a major concerto (not Baroque), including cadenza if applicable
- One movement from a sonata or solo piece in a contrasting style to the Bach and the Concerto
DMA Audition Requirments:
- Two contrasting movements form a Bach Sonata or Partita for Solo Violin
- An entire major concerto with cadenzas, if applicable
- An additional work of the candidate's choice in a style other than the Bach or the concerto
A live Zoom graduate audition can be requested (instead of a recording) through correspondence with the instructor(s).
Note: If your audition repertoire is different than the requirements and is in need of modification in any way, please feel free to reach out to the violin professors.
For general information and to register for an audition, please see Undergraduate Auditions.
- One etude from any of the following: Kreutzer, Dont, Gavinies, Fiorillo, Mazas, Rode or Paganini Caprices, or similar
- One movement of a standard concerto
- One additional work in a contrasting style
- 3 octaves of major and minor scales in two keys
If your audition repertoire is different than the requirements and is in need of modification in any way, please feel free to reach out to the violin professors.