Bachelor of Music in Voice
Voice students at the University of Iowa experience a rich and varied curriculum that develops the highest levels of artistry and musicianship. World-class faculty guide each singer's development and prepare them for professional life. In addition to one-on-one lessons with voice faculty, students perform in weekly and monthly classes and seminars, and have the opportunity to perform in a range of vocal ensembles, as well as large opera productions several times each year.
Students interested in pursuing a course of study in musical theatre are encouraged to explore the double major in music and theatre.
For admission information, please visit Undergraduate Admission. See the Voice & Opera menu on the left for vocal audition requirements.
- Weekly performance seminars
- Opera Workshop
- Inter-departmental collaborations with dance and theatre departments
- Martha-Ellen Tye Opera Theatre
- University Choir
- Women's Chorale
- Conductor's Chorus
Performing in the Community
- Iowa City Chamber Singers
- Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre
- Local theatres including the Riverside Theatre, Iowa City Community Theatre, City Circle Acting Company, Theatre Cedar Rapids
For further information, please contact Elise DesChamps, Voice Area Head, at email@example.com.