Bachelor of Music in Voice
Voice students at the University of Iowa experience a rich and varied curriculum that develops the highest levels of artistry and musicianship. World-class faculty guide each singer's development and prepare them for professional life. In addition to one-on-one lessons with voice faculty, students perform in weekly and monthly classes and seminars, and have the opportunity to perform in a range of vocal ensembles, as well as large opera productions several times each year.
Students interested in pursuing a course of study in musical theatre are encouraged to explore the double major in music and theatre.
For admission information, please visit Undergraduate Admission. See the Voice & Opera menu on the left for vocal audition requirements.
- Weekly performance seminars
- Opera Workshop
- Inter-departmental collaborations with dance and theatre departments
- Martha-Ellen Tye Opera Theatre
- University Choir
- Women's Chorale
- Conductor's Chorus
Performing in the Community
- Iowa City Chamber Singers
- Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre
- Local theatres including the Riverside Theatre, Iowa City Community Theatre, City Circle Acting Company, Theatre Cedar Rapids
For further information or to schedule an audition, please contact John Muriello, Voice Area Head, at 319-335-1672 or email@example.com.