Undergraduate Tuba/Euphonium Auditions
**All auditions for fall 2021 admission will be conducted virtually**
Undergraduate auditions should be submitted through the Music Supplemental Application by February 1, 2021.
Candidates should prepare two contrasting selections from the standard repertoire for their instrument, which may include solos, etudes and/or orchestral excerpts. It is critical that the audition material be thoroughly prepared, approximately 8 to 10 minutes in length, and represents the candidate’s best playing.
For more information and to register for an audition, please see Undergraduate Auditions.
- Vaughan Williams Concerto for Bass Tuba
- Hindemith Sonata for Tuba and Piano
- Gregson Tuba Concerto
- Bach/Bell Air and Bouree
- Hartley Unaccompanied Tuba Sonata
- Persichetti Serenade No. 12
- Barat Introduction and Dance
- Haddad Suite for Tuba
- Nelhybel Suite for Tuba
- White Lyric Suite
- Haddad Suite for Baritone
- Marcello (any) Sonata
- Vaughan Williams Six Studies in English Folk Song
- Capuzzi Andante and Rondo
- Jacob Fantasia
- Horovitz Euphonium Concerto
- Arban (Characteristic Studies)
- Voxman Selected Studies
Contact John Manning, associate professor of tuba/euphonium